Enjoy Oak Haven Resort!
AMENITIES AT OAK HAVEN RESORT
Our log and wood sided modern cabins have knotty pine and paneled interiors. All cabins have Air Conditioning and Color TV. Enjoy a full line of modern DishNetwork TV programming...over 80 quality TV channels. All cabins have fireplaces and two sources of heat. You'll appreciate the Soft Water here at Oak Haven Plus, you won't run out of hot water because our cabins have on-demand water heaters. All cabins are fully equipped including tableware, cooking pots and pans, microwave ovens, electric coffee makers, crock pots, clock radios, Weber Charcoal Grills and much more.
HIGH SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE IS AVAILABLE AT THE LODGE.
TWO NICE HEATED SWIMMING POOLS!
Pools are open for our Registered Guests only.
Oak Haven Resort has an indoor swimming pool and an outdoor swimming pool, both of them heated for the comfort of our Registered Guests only. Both pools and the sauna are open Memorial Day through Labor Day weather permitting. Our sauna is located just off the indoor pool in the lodge.
How about a treat? Maybe you want us to cook for you?
We have six or more flavors of hand scooped ice cream. Try our sensational Root Beer Float with free Root Beer refills! We have short order food available in the lodge, including burgers, fries, cheese sticks, onion rings, pizza, chicken strips, real good pork tenderloin and more! Our Restaurant is open to our registered guests from mid May until around October 1st.
How about some gas for the boat?
We have Premium unleaded gasoline from mid May until around October 1st. A quality 2 cycle oil is also available. Gas and oil are available to our registered guests - during normal lodge hours.
Trying to keep those drinks or fish cold?
Five pound bags of ice are available for $2.00 each.
Something quiet to do?
We have 2 canoes and 2 paddle boats available at no charge for our guests. Fishing is permitted in canoes and paddleboats. Come to our Lodge and borrow a book, game or puzzle to take back to your cabin.
Need gifts or tackle?
Visit the Lodge! In the Lodge you'll find our Heated Indoor Swimming Pool, our game room, gift shop (T-shirts, hats, toys, stuffed animals, etc.), tackle, gifts, post cards and restaurant. Both pools open Memorial Day weekend and both pools close within a few days after Labor Day each year. Our lodge is open each year from around May 10th until around October 1st, serving our registered guests only with limited hours.
We stock a variety of novelties for the kids below $2 each and many more in the $2 to $4 range.
Something for the kids?
We have a play room in the lodge with toys for young kids. Located just off the pool so a parent or guardian can sit and watch those swimmers.
Basketballs and soccerballs are available to borrow at the lodge.
We have pinball, video machines (quarters) and free foosball in the lodge.
Outdoor activities include horseshoes, bocce ball, 1/2 court basketball, tether ball, sandbox and a Rainbow Clubhouse playground with swings, toddler swing, trapeze rings, deluxe glider and a slide off of the climbing tower. A favorite thing to do...is Catch Fish off our docks!
Something for the whole family!
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING IS FREE for Our Registered Guests! (Prime Season Only....June through Labor Day)
- Monday evening we have our campfire by the river and everyone can come and enjoy hot-dogs and s'mores! (See pictures below)
- We provide the free hot dogs, buns, weiner forks (we may need some help cookin' em though!)...ketchup, mustard, onions and pickle relish. Join the fun! Then it's Graham Crackers, milk chocolate bars and hot golden brown campfire cooked marshmallows for the perfect s'more! And yes...you can have more than one!
- Tuesday evening it's The Kid's Turtle Races! (See pictures below) Fun for everyone! Every kid who participates wins coupons good for prizes and ice cream at the Lodge. Every kid wins no matter how the turtles choose to participate!
- Wednesday morning we have the "kid's only" fishing trip on the pontoon boat! (See pictures below) Every kid on board is required to wear his/her life jacket. Kids must be old enough to handle their own fishing pole. We use small jigs and/or bobber/minnow combinations and almost always catch lots of fish. The Kids Pontoon Fishing Trip is from 10:00 AM until Noon every Wednesday, June through Labor Day.
- Then we serve a Free "kids only" fish fry at the lodge at 2:00 PM every Wednesday afternoon. (Prime Season) We serve fresh fish, french fries and pop/water to the kids. We talk about that day's fishing and what worked best!
- AT OAK HAVEN - WE WANT YOUR FAMILY TO HAVE A VACATION YOU WILL ALWAYS CHERISH. Enjoy the friendly atmosphere, the quiet and secluded location, the nine different lakes to fish, two heated swimming pools and so much more. Join the FUN at Oak Haven Resort.
Please Find Us on Facebook!
ACTIVITIES AT OAK HAVEN RESORT
MONDAY NIGHT HOT DOGS AND S'MORES!
(Prime Season June thru Labor Day only)
We start the campfire by the water around 5:30 pm. The fire is ready just about the time the goodies arrive by 6:00PM. We provide hot dogs, buns, roasting forks and condiments. Bring your own drink, then grab a fork and cook your hot dogs just the way you want them! Join us every Monday Night at 6:00 PM for Free Hot Dogs and S'mores!! (We are usually done with hot dogs by 6:30 and are ready to start with S'Mores...so don't be late.)
Monday nights is a great time to talk about the Turtle Races and the Kids Pontoon Fishing Trip and Fish Fry, which take place Tuesday and Wednesday. Excitement all week long!
(The above pictures are all from 2012.)
After the hot dogs are gone here comes the best fun!
Marshmallows, graham crackers and CHOCOLATE BARS! Around 6:30PM...roast your marshmallows to your liking and enjoy S'mores with your family and our other guests. Or see Mike for that perfect Marshmallow that is golden brown, not burnt (some of you like them burnt and that's OK!)...Mike will serve you the hot golden brown marshmallow, cooked with patience, (like my Mom taught me years ago) that is hot all the way through. Together, lets enjoy the small things in life.
Afterwards, the waterside camp fire is still going good... so why not stay and enjoy it for a while?
Enjoy our 24' x 12' Pavilion, located just a few feet from the waters edge. Lots of shade for those sunny days.
Our Free Hot Dogs and S'mores are for guests of ours who are registered and who are staying with us on a weekly basis. Guests are asked to join us by the water to enjoy these free products and are encouraged to help prepare them.
TUESDAY IS RACE DAY! IT'S THE KIDS TURTLE RACES!
(Prime Season June thru Labor Day only)
Draw a couple of circles, bring in the kids, introduce the turtles and we are having some kind of fun! Whether you are watching from the sidelines or cheering on your favorite turtle, EVERYONE enjoys the kids turtle races! Prize coupons are awarded to all participating kids, so everyone leaves a "Winner". (In case one of the Turtles is fussy!) Join us every Tuesday Night at 7:00 PM for The Kids Turtle Races!! The above pictures are all from 2012.
Tuesday night's Turtle Races are for our registered guests only, who are staying with us on a weekly basis. Kids must be old enough to know what is happening in the races to participate and to be eligible for prizes.
WEDNESDAY MORNING KIDS ONLY PONTOON FISHING TRIP!
(Prime Season June thru Labor Day only)
We take the kids on the pontoon for 2 hours of fishing and fun every Wednesday morning at 10:00 AM. When we return, Mike cleans the fish and that afternoon the kids come to the lodge for Fish and Fries with free pop too. Kids only party is from 2PM to 3PM. You would be amazed at how many "non-fish eaters" end up eating this fried fish and enjoy it. Kids often catch their first fish or hold their first fish ever, on this fishing trip...and we are right there with the camera! It's a couple of hours where kids get to learn some fishing tricks from someone other than Mom or Dad. You'll see their proud faces and you'll feel the excitement when we return with a stringer full of fish. Mike and Debbie really enjoy this day with the kids!! (We talk about the smiling faces and the fun we have on this trip all winter long.) Bring your kids to Oak Haven for a True Family Fun Vacation. The above pictures are all from 2012.
This Kids only pontoon fishing trip is for our registered guests who are staying with us on a weekly basis. Kids must participate on the boat, trying to catch fish, to be eligible to attend the kids only party and fish fry in the lodge which takes place around 2PM each Wednesday during the summer. Kids must bring their own rod and reel and must know how to use it. (We don't supply them) Parents should be sure their kids are equipped with a reel that has a drag that works and has good fishing line. On Tuesday nights after the Turtle Races, we discuss the kids Pontoon Fishing Trip and get fired up for Wednesday!
OAK HAVEN HAS IT ALL
- Indoor Heated Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Heated Swimming Pool
- Our Own Boat Ramp with Electricity (bring a 100 ft. cord)
- Outstanding Local Guides Available
- Catch 7 or more different fish species in a day!
- Kids and adults can often catch 50 fish a day..No Kidding!!
- Game Court
- Video Games
- Foosball Table
- 2 Sand Play Areas
- Canoes (Free use - must wear life jackets)
- Paddle Boats (Free use - must wear life jackets)
- Charcoal Grills
- Fire Rings
- Bocce Ball
- Games, Puzzles and Books to Borrow
- Catch Fish from our Docks!
- Rental Boats
- Try our Nice 25' Pontoon Boat!
- A Season Long Fishing Contest - tracking the longest Top Ten - for nine species of fish. You must get Mike to measure it, or show a digital photo of the fish on a yardstick as proof...that's all you need to join the contest! Its free and its fun! By the way...many of our Top Ten fish...were landed by Mom's and kids of all ages. Keep your bait/lure in the water and you never know what might bite it. We have our own bait shack right by the water.
Both pools open Memorial Day weekend and both pools close by Labor Day or a few days after. Our two canoes and our two paddle boats are available to our guests during the summer.
ACTIVITIES AROUND BEMIDJI AND CASS LAKE AREA
The Chippewa National Forest, located only minutes away from Oak Haven Resort, offers hiking, hunting and thousands of acres to explore. Itasca State Park, notable for the "Headwaters of the Mississippi", is a 40 minute drive from Oak Haven. Visit this park and walk across the Mighty Mississippi at it's birthplace! Paul Bunyan's Animal Land is also just a short drive away.
If a round of golf is your fancy, whether short or long course, it's within minutes of Oak Haven Resort! With 5 courses in the Cass Lake and Bemidji area and another 4 in Walker and Blackduck, there is something for everyone! BRING YOUR CLUBS!!
Area Golf Courses
- Bemidji Town and Country Club - (218) 751-9215
- Castle Highlands Golf Course - (218) 586-2681
- Greenwood Golf Course - (218) 751-3875
- Maple Ridge Golf Course - (218) 751-8401
- Sandtrap Golf Course - (218) 335-6531
- Blackduck Golf Course - (218) 835-7757
- Long Bow - (218) 547-4121
ASK US ABOUT LOCAL RESTAURANTS. We often have flyers and/or coupons.
Please Find Us on Facebook!
Enjoy your Vacation at Oak Haven. Nine Photos Below are all from 2012.